Sunday, August 20, 2006

We're tiiiiired!!!

Wow! We are in our new house! Our first official night! This is Ashley. I have to specify since I haven't written anything on here yet. :) Well today has been a very long day. We woke up this morning by a phone call from our Refrigerator/ dryer guy. This was at 7:30. We are still on AZ time so this is like 4:30 a.m. Well anyway, I decided to go back to bed :) and Tyler went to our house to unlock the door. A couple hours later, Ty went to U-Haul and they didn't have the truck we reserved. So an hour later, we were given a 26 foot truck that was a stick shift and a diesel! Luckily, our friend said he'd drive. And...the U-Hall guys told them they had to have the truck back in four hours. Well, I was able to get a lot of the packing done, but ran out of boxes to put things in. I started using pillow cases and things.
We finally loaded up the truck and weren't able to fit everything. Meanwhile, there was a guy waiting to pick up our huge player piano that we couldn't fit in our condo. So we helped the guy load the piano, unloaded Austen's stuff and unloaded our stuff. We celebrated with pizza, pop and Rita's ice cream (the best ice cream on the east coast!). One of the guys that stayed in our apartment while we were gone this summer told us that he had two pianos and could give us one. So we were really excited about that. Let's just hope it fits! So there is a lot more to the day....but.....we are super tired and have to go to bed. We are leaving for Outer Banks (North Carolina beach) in the morning for a week. We're getting that one last fun week in before the dreaded school starts again. J/K we are excited about school. Ok, now that this is officially the longest blog ever....have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

grammatracy said...

I want to hear the whole story....guess I'll have to wait until next week!

Tyler said...

The carpets are cleaned. No worries.