Friday, March 04, 2011

Stimulation Day 1

Today was Tylers first time giving a shot! He did so well! At first the fertility doctor told me that I would have to have two shots a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. I work until 7 pm on wednesdays so I thought I would have to give the shot to myself. So when he told me I started crying (this was all out in the hallway and I'm sure I scared a few people). I realized that giving a shot to myself is my biggest fear (I would rather have a spider dropped on my leg). I cried uncontrollably in the car for about an hour straight. I only stopped because I had to go to work. So I was so so soooo glad when the IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) coordinator told me that I could have both shots in the morning. That meant that all I had to do was beg tyler to give me the shots (which he hates anything to do with blood and needles). So I am soooo thankful to him for giving the injections to me.
I was going to watch him give the shot, but chickened out when he held the pen like a dagger so I turned away. He gave the best shot in my thigh! Better than the shot lady at the fertility clinic! It hurt a little. It was actually a little sore all day on the 2 inch area surrounding the injection site. It was not fun when i bumped the area on anything.

This is the chair where Tyler gave his first shot! (I know, i'm a nerd)


The length of the needle (1/2 inch length)


The pen which holds the needle


It's so awesome to have my own sharps container!


I put this picture in because you can still have a happy day after your husband gives you a shot. I went to the Arizona dental convention today and had a really fun lunch with my two hygienists Paty and Staci (the staff members at both offices don't know i'm even trying to get pregnant and I hope they don't find out for a while)


Can't wait for tomorrow morning! (sarcasm) :)

1 comments:

The Robinsons said...

Love these pictures. I feel like I am part of it...kind of. So glad Tyler is such a helper with his dagger/shot skills. You guys are amazing!!