Thursday, March 10, 2011

The size of oranges!

I'm not really getting used to the shots...I was hoping I would, but it doesn't really get better. But, I decided to give myself my follistim shot every day. I think it's because I'm enjoying the satisfaction of achieving something hard every day. It's a pretty awesome feeling :). Sometimes it's hard to push the stuff in my leg and tyler says it's hard because I'm not holding it like a dagger! (apparently that's how it's supposed to be done to him) I think he's secretly enjoying this...

I had another ultrasound today. This one is one everyone who goes through IVF gets. I saw the nurse practitioner who seemed a little more worried than the doctor did two days ago. I guess my endometrium looks good. She checked the right ovary first. She said my ovaries are the size of a good sized orange right now! that sounds huge! And my follicles are getting big. They are from 10-14mm (one was 14.7mm). This explains my bloated feeling I'm having the past two days :) The right side's amount increased from 15 to 17 follicles. Luckily, the left one stayed at 20 (becuase the doc said he didn't want it over 20). When I talk to people that have had IVF done, they talk about 18 or less follicles...and I'm at 37. hmmm... So the nurse practitioner decreased the dose to 100 IU today and they will possibly see me tomorrow for another ultrasound and on Saturday. I guess when the follicles are around 18mm, they retrieve the eggs.

The nurse practitioner told me that I can not run (good thing I hardly ever do) anymore or do anything bouncy. So only walking. I really wanted to try to get some workouts in before I get pregnant with quads so I was kind of bummed :)

The bloodwork lady gave me the best injection today so it was a good day. she also told me that the labor dispute was about non-union workers who helped build the scottsdale building where the doctor has another office. So all the workers are happy and present.

I had a blessing on Sunday and I am so grateful that the priesthood is on the earth today and I am able to have a worthy priesthood holder for a husband and father-in-law. They are great! I am comforted and know I will be ok. Although I am feeling blah and huge today, I am so excited about next week! It doesn't come fast enough. I was thinking about something that someone told us in church the other week. Picture everyone putting one of their hardest trials on a piece of paper and placing them all in a pile. Then everyone draw a piece of paper. Would you want to have someone elses trial(s) or yours? I know there are a lot of trials people have right now that I would not want and I'm grateful for the ones I have and for the opportunity to grow from them.

I loved a paragraph I read in a talk by Larry Richman. He said "One of the purposes of trials is to help us come to know Christ, understand His teachings in our minds, feel them in our hearts, and live them in our lives. Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles explains that God loves us perfectly and “would not require [us] to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for [our] personal benefit or for that of those [we] love.” 5 President Harold B. Lee (1899–1973) once remarked: “Sometimes when [we] are going through the most severe tests, [we] will be nearer to God than [we] have any idea.” 6 "Larry Richman, "Learning through Life’s Trials", Ensign, Mar. 2010, 27–31

I have felt closer to God in this trial and I know more about His love for all of Heavenly Father's children individually. I just hope that I can always endure to the end so I can have eternal happiness with my family.

5 comments:

Britt said...

Ashley and Ty, we are so excited you are keeping us posted and we will continue to pray for you. I hope all goes well. You'll make great parents!

Em said...

Pretty sure I'd do much worse than you with the shots. Tell your husband that I say you're plenty tough!

Cori said...

Well even if you feel huge you sure looked great when I saw you yesterday. I love that scenario you had during relief society. It really does put things into a great perspective.

Ash, you are such an incredible person and every time I get to be around you my testimony is strengthened by yours. You have so much faith that you cannot help, but let it radiate to others. I am a better person because I know you.

Chell said...

Thinking of you and still praying for you. So proud of you for giving yourself the shots. I am not fan of needles either.

The Robinsons said...

So so proud of you for being so positive! And I'm glad you have a worthy priesthood holder for a hubby and FIL. They are pretty great guys :)