Friday, March 18, 2011

Our transfer of two grade A eggs!

Yesterday we went in for the egg transfer! The doctor brought us in a room and told us that we have two grade "A" eggs! He said he saw that there wasn't any A's the day before so he talked to the eggs and told them to start working on things. Tyler's family told me that these two eggs must have started studying more-:) Anyway, We feel so blessed! It is an answer to our prayers. He showed us pictures of our eggs and the A's look great! The rest of the eggs will divide two more days and then they will freeze any other good eggs for when we want to do a transfer again.

We then went into the procedure room where I took a Valium for the first time (they told me that although I may think the Valium is for me, it is for my uterus- :) ). Then we were able to watch on the ultrasound as they put this long skinny syringe up in my uterus and implant the eggs (it's kind of similar to an artificial insemination procedure). It was pretty amazing! Then I lied there for an hour with a full bladder to help my eggs attach. Luckily the coordinator had me drink 24 fluid ounces so it wasn't that bad.

The doc told me that I will probably not feel better and might feel worse if I get pregnant (especially if it's with twins) :( I don't know why I've had so much more pain than most people, but it's so worth it and I actually do feel a little better this morning :) I was on bedrest yesterday and will be tomorrow and Saturday. We had a free hotel stay in mesa that we won a year ago...but i don't think we'll be going :)

I'm still at a higher risk of developing severe HOSS because of my symptoms and the amount of follicles (he said I already have it, but it's mild). I will be taking the six meds for a while still and I get the shot in the bum every day for 15 days total unless i get pregnant and then it will be a lot longer...urgh...

I felt good about going through with the procedure yesterday so I need to put my faith in my Heavenly Father. I know that it is only through the Lords grace, love and Atonement that I am able to progress in this life. I couldn't imagine doing this all by myself. He has truly, truly been with me every step of the way :) I feel so weak and ashamed that I have to depend on other people to help me out every day, but I have been comforted by God and am thankful that others have felt the spirit to serve me through meals, treats, flowers, phone calls/texts, blog messages and words of encouragement (especially Tyler-he has been sooooo wonderful and sweet :) ) I know Heavenly Father helps us all by the service of those people on earth and in Heaven. I was reading in Mosiah 3:19 where King Benjamin tells us to "put off the natural man... and become like a child, submissive,meek,humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord sees fit to inflict upon us, even as a child does submit to his father. " Sometimes it's hard to be willing to be patient and willing to submit to ALL things which the Lord sees fit to inflict upon us, but I have a testimony that these things are true and hope that I will be able to always follow these things and grow closer to my Savior so that I can have eternal life with my family :)

My next appointment (if everything goes ok) is in two weeks. They will see if everything is growing ok. Then a few weeks after that I will have my first ultrasound! :) This has been a hard, crazy journey, but hopefully are worthy and will be blessed and if we don't have a baby this time, we know it's not in Heavenly Father's plan for us and we will try again :)

10 comments:

Miss Crys said...

Thank you so much for taking us on this journey with you. I am so hopeful for you...prayer and hugs.

em said...

Hey Ash, I have to say that I've been reading your entire journey since you started posting again (you're in my Google Reader so I get quick updates :) ) but I haven't had a good chance to stick around and leave any comments!

I'm so excited for you guys! You are in our prayers and I hope everything goes well. But we know that no matter what happens, the Lord knows what's best for us (and the spirits we want to bring into our families). Good luck and I have to say thank you for being so descriptive, too. I know it's for your personal journal reasons but it's so interesting to hear everything that goes into these kinds of treatments. Keep us posted, we're praying for successful outcomes for you guys!!!

(Just promise me you won't get a reality TV show if you have like, sextuplets. We all know how well those things turn out :)

Caralee said...

Good work on 2 grade A embryos! That is great news! Now begins the dreaded 2 week wait! :( Take my advice and don't take home pregnancy tests...it will just make you go crazy! Hopefully your HOSS will resolve quickly. Praying for your 2 little ones...and all the others too! :)

Janell said...

Hey Ashley,

Wow! What a story! You are truly a remarkable woman with a tremendous amount of strength. I had no idea what you had been suffering through. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. My youngest sister has done in-vitro 3 times...so I know the emotional and physical rollercoaster that goes with it. I'm so proud of you for enduring. We will definitely keep you in our prayers. Miss you guys!

Janell

Dan and Marci Family said...

Congrats so far, always good to know you've got some good grade A eggs going in. We will keep you in our prayers that everything works out the way its suppose to.

The Robinsons said...

I love those grade A eggs! We are prayin'! Maybe they just need a visit from Auntie Tiffini! Okay I'll come down :) See you soon!

Chell said...

Praying for those two grade eggs to stick. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I keep praying for you guys.

aliisha said...

Ashley- Best of luck to you and Tyler. I'm praying for you!

The Skinners said...

Ashley I love reading this and feeling like I am going through this experience with you. I will be crossing my fingers for you! Love ya!

Ashley said...

So we are hoping it worked! Any news? Hope you feel better too...