


Alright, my midterms are almost over and so I thought I'd finally write a blog about the most upscale party Tyler and I went to last Wed. night. It was a posh party to dedicate our new school name. The daughter of Dr. Kornberg, Mrs. Abramson, and her husband (who was the founder and CEO of U.S. Healthcare Inc.) donated 10 million dollars to the school, supposedly mostly to scholarships (too bad I probably won't be able to apply for any of them). Anyways, we changed our school name to honor him (and there was more money involved if we did). So there was a party to celebrate this whole thing and I was able to sing with my group at the party. Only full time faculty, students in leadership positions and rich people were invited. It was pretty neat how they transformed the outside of our school and main lobby into this huge tent with chandeliers and black carpet and things.
Our two songs went well and I was able to eat caviar, duck, lamb, chicken with a little syringe in it with mango sauce in which you squirted into your chicken as you take a bite. There was all sorts of drinks at the bar (Tyler tried everything of course-wink,wink). They even had a seafood bar made out of ice. The desserts were divine! I almost had a shake with vodka in it. Luckily my friend stopped me and I was able to get a non-alcoholic one. As you can tell, I really liked the food and think I could go to more parties like this if there is food like this there. I talked with Mrs. Abramson and the president of Temple University (not knowing who she was). I heard a rumor she's mormon because she's from Utah and some of her kids are in my friend's ward??? I don't know. But Tyler accidentally spilled some rich lady's drink all over her and he said she looked like she wanted to kill him...poor Ty. Oh, and there was valet parking (yes, at my ghetto school) and everybody looked at us when Tyler's dented beater car pulled up. We had lots of fun at the party and were able to get two crystal boxes as take home gifts. I don't know what we'll use them for but they are nice.
And of course, I stayed up all night to study for a midterm the next day and when I decided to get an hour of sleep, I laid down and Tyler got up and threw up all over the bathtub! He had food poisoning (I think it was from the oysters). So now we've been lucky enough to have a baby Madi nasty accident in the tub and Tyler's throw-up. It's pretty funny. I don't know if I'll take a bath for a while though. :)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University
Posted by Tyler at 11:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an adventure. That is a great story. Were you singing a solo in that one picture? Glad you got a taste of the high life. Don't get too used to it :)
You look good up there, hope to see you guys soon. Keep up the good work in school.
Post a Comment