Friday, October 05, 2007

East Coast Visit







One of the best things about living out here in Philly is that we have had just about everyone come and visit us and take a tour of the East Coast. This time it was Mom and Dad for a couple days and Trev, Summer, and Madi for 8 days. We had so much fun. I know Summer already mentioned a few things, but I thought I'd summarize the trips as best I could:

-Amish Smorgasboard
-Driving around Amish country and buying the nastiest Root Beer in History
-Playing Mao Master with everyone and having mom get mad at me for always giving her cards
-Reading Terminal Market/Liberty Bell/Independence Hall in Philadelphia
-Trip to New York for the Yankees game
-2 hours to get through the Lincoln tunnel
-Missing the Parking Garage, flipping a U-turn onto a one-way street going the wrong way, flipping another U-Turn in front of cops and oncoming traffic. Then, turning at next light to find that we were headed the wrong way through the Lincoln tunnel where we just came from, and flipping another U-turn to avoid it (scariest driving I've ever done).
-Yankees Game (My fav. part was the crowd letting that Red Sox fan have it as he walked by)
-Valley Forge and King of Prussia Mall
-Taking Friday off, sleeping in and playing Alhambra all day long
-Second trip to New York on Saturday- taking 3 laps around the parking garage before finding the entrance, Trev zooming in on the naked cowboy, walking down the open-air market and buying kabobs on gyros, getting soaking wet on our way to FAO Schwartz, seeing the South tip, Statue of Liberty, etc., Wall Street, Chinatown, walking up 15 flights of stairs to look at purses, seeing the Chinese ladies sewing clothes in a sweat shop, pizza at Patsy's in the Village, that old guy laughing at me when I asked him where the Lincoln tunnel was.
-Funnest of all, Playing with Madi (Seriously, she was the best kid I've ever seen. We dragged her all over and she didn't cry at all. We miss her!)

Thanks to you guys for the trip out to see us. I will try to catch up and tell you about Grandma and Grandpa's visit next time.

5 comments:

Carson and Kandi Lee said...

Hi guys it's Kandi. I am going to add your blog to my favorites so that I can keep up woth you. Email me back just so I can have your email address. I love all of the pictures and the info. It sounds like you're having a blast up there. We just set up a blog a couple days ago. It's carsonkandimadison.blogspot.com We sure miss Fast Sunday dinners with you both! Love kandi

grammatracy said...

Thanks for the post Ty. What memories these will make. Love you guys Mom

Trevor and Summer said...

Much better summary of the fun(ny) experiences. Seriously, how do you get to the Lincoln tunnel from here?

The Robinsons said...

looks like so much fun! wish we could have been there with you all...someday we will make it out there. hopefully. now derrick and the kids are the only ones who haven't been back east.

Trevor and Summer said...

I love the picture of the amish baseball game. It turned out really good.