Friday, October 19, 2007

Grandma and Grandpa

For some reason, I can't find any pictures of us with Grandma and Grandpa during their visit to Philly a few weeks ago. Maybe Ashley has some that I can't find. Anyways, Grandma and Grandpa Church came to the East Coast and stayed with us for a few nights on their tour. The first night they came in and I unfortunately had to work the next day, but Ashley took the day off from school and took them to Amish country and downtown Philly. She said it was a lot of fun and she loved spending the day with them. On their way back from Philly, I met up with them at Valley Forge and gave them my famous car tour of the park. I think they especially liked seeing George Washington's quarters, where we were able to get out and walk around a little. After that, we went to dinner and had a great time. I had to leave again and go to scouts but Ashley took them to Ice Cream. I realize that Ashley was the one who spent the whole day with them so she should probably be writing this, but she is in the middle of her midterms and is still teaching seminary so it will be difficult for her to have much time to do anything.

The next day, Grandma and Grandpa left really early and drove into Ashley's school in our really nice traffic. Ash dropped them off at a scary subway station in the middle of ghetto Philly and left them to fend for themselves. Somehow, they managed to get all their connections alright and take the trains from Philadelphia to New York via Trenton. They then spent a couple days on Manhatten and made the same adventure train trip back to our house on Saturday. By the time we got home, Ashley had already left for the General Relief Society broadcast so it was my turn to spend some fun time with my grandparents. We decided to go eat dinner and check out the King of Prussia Mall (2nd largest in U.S.). When we got there, we realized that Grandpa had never had a real Philly Cheesesteak so he and Grandma got one at the food court. (I'm not sure if the food court cheesesteak was as good as the real deal, but they were more authentic looking than any cheesesteak you can get out west). We walked around some of the mall for a while and had a great time. On Sunday, they came to Sacrament meeting with us and left for Washington D.C. You'll have to talk to them to see how the rest of their trip went.

Ashley and I loved having them here and being around them again. We realized how much we miss them. We were spoiled in Utah to be able to live with them and see them so often. We loved being able to talk to them so much and really had a great time. We love you Grandma and Grandpa so much. Can't wait to see you at Christmas time.

1 comments:

grammatracy said...

You guys have been quite the tour guides. We'll try to spread it out next time. :) Thanks for all you guys do when we all come out there. It has been wonderful to be able to see a different part of the country. Thanks for taking such good care of Grandma and Grandpa. I think they had a good time too.