Saturday, February 09, 2008

Working for the Weekend

I think I understand that song now. I actually have a real job and it is funny that all I do is count down the days until the weekend. The school I work at is very small and I teach a small number of students in each class. This is nice, except for by the end of the week I am sick of those same students and they are all sick of each other. Many of them have been going to this same Charter School for years and years with the exact same kids in each class for ten periods a day (yes, I said 10 periods). An example of this is our Senior class. There are 12 of them. They have all been going to school together since 8th grade. Some of them have been at the school since 5th grade. They pretty much have the exact same classes all day, every day. The school is small and the hallways are smaller. Between each class, the students have to run into the same kids all the time. They definitely get on each other's nerves, and a lot of times they get on the teachers' nerves. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy teaching, but I love that feeling on a Friday afternoon when school gets out.

2 comments:

grammatracy said...

I loved the weekends too, especially when all you guys were little. It broke up the same old stuff everyday. A trip to the park, softball game, salmon hatchery, the ocean. Lot's of fun on the week-end.

Delynn said...

Tyler - we'd love to hear more about your school and the subjects you are teaching! Love, Aunt