I graduated from dental school May 14th and we closed on our house on the 20th! So we have started our road trip across the country to Arizona and I was thinking about all of the fun last experiences I had in Philly:
Thanks to Miranda's planning, we had a last girls' night out with the girls at the Colony (where we lived my freshman year) where we watched all of our old wedding videos while munching on snacks.
Luckily, we thought we needed one more girls night out so a bunch of girls went out to the Melting pot for dessert. So yummy!
Another girls night out was planned for some girls in my ward. I learned tons of ways to make baby bows. Don't really know why I need that skill right now...but it was fun company though. I will miss my ward. We have some of the greatest members. I learned a lot from them.
The Marosticas had a really fun barbeque for some senior dental school couples.
We had a senior dinner with my dental school near Penn's landing and were able to get all dressed up and eat some good food.
My very first carpool:
My last carpool:
I am so glad these guys put up with me every day!
The dental student wives:
my favorite teacher Dr. Skarulis
Two of my good friends from dental school
My brother's girlfriend Gloria (who is in my class at dental school)
I had my last ghetto drive to Philly and my last day at the dental school. I will miss a lot of the staff/professors and will not miss some of the staff/professors. I was so happy that I was able to finish my work on time. It was very stressful getting out of that place!
And Tyler had his last day of class (he ended early in the year) where he was thrown some parties and some students wrote him the nicest notes saying that he had influenced their lives and they had never wanted to listen to other teachers until him. They said he opened their eyes. Tyler is a really great teacher. In our ward, the parents of the boys Tyler teaches in Young Mens have told me that their boys have said that they don't know what they are going to do without Tyler. He was a very good and cool leader! They made him a card that says "We love you brother Heid, in a manly sort of way". I thought that was pretty funny.
We had a few more last fun times, but my camera hasn't been working so I wasn't able to get pictures. This includes my graduation. I will post pictures when somehow I get some. But anyway, I am really really going to miss our family out here and a lot of the friends we have made. They have helped us in so many ways. I will not miss the customer service or the humidity or the 1 hour drive to school, but I am so glad we went to Philly for school. We are so excited to start real life now! Tyler has not known me without being stressed about school so he's pretty excited!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Some Lasts
Posted by Ashley H. at 2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Congrats on graduation! Good luck with all your new adventures :)
Sounds like a lot of fun with the girls. You know that baby bow making skill, well you can come show me how to do that. So when will you guys get here to AZ. Call us if you need some help moving in. We would love to come and help, and see you guys. Congrats on Graduation!!! So sorry your camera didn't work. I can't wait to see pictures. What a big accomplishment! Give us a call and will go play.
fun pictures. its always hard moving but we're SO EXCITED to see you! Casey can't stop talking about you guys coming!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!! Im so excited for you! Cant wait to hear all about Arizona. Good luck!
way to go Ashley! We are so excited for you, and are looking forward to seeing you guys. We are glad you are moving back to the west, even if it is in AZ!
What a fun four years you have had...we are so happy to have known you and Tyler. You guys are great! Chandler says every Sunday, "Mom Mister Heid is gone". It is kinda sad, we miss you guys, but do wish you the best, keep in touch!!
Wow! What an accomplishment. I knew even in high schcool that you are a very driven gal! Congratulations...and good luck with your move to AZ.
Ashley,
Congratulations again! I LOVE your dress! It's neat to see the great friends you made in Philly and to hear of Tyler's influence on others. You are both such great people! Love you, Jen
Ashley and Tyler- I am sad that you aren't moving to UT but I understand, however now Ashley can't be my dentist and I will have to stick with the ghetto ones in Magna. Tyler it's an amazing feeling when one of your students actually tells you they appreciate all of your hard work. It's kind of a pay off for all of the hours spent grading isn't it? Will you continue teaching in AZ or are you just going to relax and let Ashley do all of the hard work? =) Hey did Ashley find a job in AZ? What part of AZ are you moving to? Matt's sister just moved to Mesa and we are going to visit her next year, so we will have to come see you two. Congrats on everything! Love ya -Xochi
I will be working, don't worry. I am just waiting for my Arizona Teaching certificate to come in the mail now. We are both looking for jobs, but will probably know a lot more in a few weeks. You are right, Xochitl, about the kind words making it all worth it. I am excited to get another teaching job down here.
Congrats girl and best of luck to you in AZ!!
Post a Comment