Thursday, December 04, 2008

November

This Thanksgiving we decided to go with a couple of my aunts and my mom to the Macy's Day Parade in New York City before we ate our Turkey Dinner. We took the train from Edison, NJ. It was a lot of fun!

Coming home was crazy!!! If you could imagine everyone standing in a room waiting for a TV monitor to tell us what escalator to take to get to our train. They announce and a billion people start pushing toward the escalator. IT reminded me of funnel! Wouldn't you think they could think of a better/safer way?! One of my aunts got separated from us in the madness. Luckily we had cell phones! We were able to ride on a double decker train. It was really cool.



We saw many balloons such as Shrek


A pirate (this picture is for little Casey-Arrrh!) lol


Buzz Light Year


Dora and Santa and many more cool stuff!


The downside? It was sooooooo cold! I was very thankful for warmth that day. I had on 5 layers of clothes, with thermals and everything! My hands were really cold. I recommend if anyone goes, they should wear ski gloves. Actually, a guy at school told me an even better idea. He took his girlfriend to the place where they blow up the balloons the day before. He said it was fun and there wasn't a huge amount of people there.



It was fun to have my mom here for Thanksgiving! Ty and I had a lot of fun with her.


Mom wearing a temple dental beanie at the parade


Two weeks ago we decided to buy a new car! Tyler's little car wasn't going to make it through the winter. Thanks to the economy we were able to get a really great deal on a great car. It's a TOYOTA Matrix. We weren't planning on getting a car until we traded both our cars in after I graduate, but it was too good of a deal to turn down.




A few weeks ago, my little dental singing group was able to sing for a welcome party for our new dean. The party was held in a dentist's 6 story mansion. He has his practice on the two bottom floors. His house is located in Ritten House Square in Philly. They had all of this ritzy food. I am all about the food! It was soooo good!



Could you imagine getting your dental work done in this fancy room next to a fireplace? It was a pretty awesome office.

9 comments:

the Cardon Clan said...

Wow! What a fun Thanksgiving. The east is so great with all of its many traveling opportunities. I can't believe that dentist's house and office. Talk about high class dentistry!!

The Perry family said...

In one of the pictures, Tyler looks like the guy in the background on the billboard. Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! And nice Dental office.

Tyler said...

The one with Dwight Schrute on it? Gee thanks guys. That is hilarious! Check out Dwight in Gap commercial:

http://www.officetally.com/rainn-wilson-in-gap-holiday-ads

grammatracy said...

I love it when you guys do a post!
Tons of pictures and info. Fun parade with your Mom, cute car, fun Dental office/house...wow! And of course the cold....I remember the cold, it's making me shiver as I sit here. I doubt I will ever be as cold again as in Feb 07! Glad you put up pics of the darling car! Yipee!

The Robinsons said...

YAY for updates!! LOVE the car. Looks really nice. Gotta love the crappy economy ;) Miss you guys. Casey loves all the balloon pictures!

The Robinsons said...

Oh and Sophie loves the Dora one! She is quite obsessed!! "DORA, DORA, DORA!!!"

The Skinners said...

How fun! I cant believe that dentist's office. Pretty amazing! Cole would have loved that Buzz Lightyear, hes watching it right now. You look so pretty in the pictures too.

Chell said...

Man that is a swanky dental office...

Sounds liek you had a great thanksgiving. How did we fine peoepl we lost before cell phones, they are the greatest things!!

Krystal said...

That looks like so much fun! Cody and I were just saying how fun it would be to go to NY on Thanksgiving and watch the parade.Cold but so fun! As for that Dental office, wow! So have you even thought about were you want to end up? AZ is always nice!!! We love it.