On Wednesday morning, Ashley and I woke up and quickly found out that we had no hot water. I checked the water heater and it was leaking all over the place. We decided that since we will be moving in the spring anyways, we should buy a new water heater. So we went Wednesday without showering and Thursday morning. By Thursday night, I felt so dirty that I decided to take an ice cold shower when I got home from work. It was terrible. Ashley didn't want the same experience, so she called the Broadbents to see if she could use theirs. Austen was nice enough to let us come over and Ashley was able to shower up. We went without showering on Friday. On Saturday, our new Water Heater was supposed to be delivered so we were sitting around all day waiting for it. Let me tell you, we were starting to get a little ripe that day. Finally, we got a call from the installer who wanted to let us know that the Water Heater we ordered would not be in until Monday and we would have to wait. So, now we had to start a new search for a shower on Saturday afternoon. We didn't want to bother the Broadbents again, so we started calling around. The problem was, most of the people we called either had family over and were busy or were not home. We were eventually able to get a hold of the Carrs, who let us come over and shower at the Colony. We never, ever, ever thought that we would go back to the Colony to shower, but the Carrs were so nice to let us come over in the middle of their dinner. Thanks guys. You saved us. We couldn't have made it through another day.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
We Stink!
Posted by Tyler at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Glad you finally got showers...we were starting to smell you all the way in AZ. Or maybe that is the cow poo from the farms not far from our house. Who knows?!?!
You better get all cleaned up for this 95 degrees and red dirt! J/K Hope the install goes good tomorrow. Nice win by the way! How does it feel sitting up there on the top? Do you feel the big, red, target on your back? Dad and you have a showdown during the tourny. That'll be fun!
You must have been desperate to go back and shower at the Colony! ha ha. Hope your water heater comes soon!!!
What a story! I'm glad you guys have good friends out there to help out. I don't know if I could go more than 36 hours without showering...I wouldn't make a very good pioneer I guess.
Fun, Fun! You gotta love the water heater bursting... Glad you are all set up now.
I am so glad you showered. I could smell you through the computer.
You guys, this is just hilarious...from here anyway. I'm sure it wasn't too funny at your house. Love all the pictures and getting to catch up with your latest adventures. We miss you and can't wait for you to come west :)
love, Aunt.
I'm surprised the Carrs had hot water at the Colony...Glad they did though.
We really like your other blog...Not that this one isn't awesome! but you know what I mean!
Post a Comment