Thursday, August 07, 2008

You Can Call Me Master

Tonight I finished my last class required to get a Master's degree in Education from Cabrini College. It is about time. When Ashley and I decided that she should go to Dental School in Philly, I graduated from BYU without finishing my teaching degree. I quickly finished and graduated with a History degree, but I was not certified to teach. I found a program out here at Cabrini (tiny little Catholic school) that offered graduate students a certification to teach while working on a Master's degree at the same time. I took all the required classes to get certified, but had 3 more to finish my Master's. After 2.5 years, I officially am done. Best part is, the school I work at paid for my last 3 classes and I will have a nice (little) raise for the upcoming year. For about 10 months now I will have a higher degree than my wife. Maybe I will make her call me "Master" before I have to call her "Doctor."

3 comments:

The Robinsons said...

Congrats Master Heid!

Brock and Tyra said...

congratulations! exciting stuff.
don't worry, brock has a higher degree than i do, but i still know i'm smarter than him--that's what counts.

grammatracy said...

Do we have to bow down everytime we see you or what??? J/K We are so proud of you Tyler and so excited that you schooling is behind you. Soon your wifey will be done to and you'll hitch up your pony and head west.