You know when you have so much to do, that you just get so overwhelmed and just avoid all of those things. Ya, that happens to me sometimes and I have felt that way with my blog lately. I want to post so much that i have given up on it because it seems it will take forever. But, I've decided I've gotta keep my journal thing going so here's a quick update on a few things that I wanted to remember:
First, forever ago, I went with 8 other girls to Six Flags in New Jersey. So fun! Some memorable things about the trip were 1) the roller-coaster movie we watched, crying and laughing the whole time 2) Carlee's surprise the night in the hotel 4) the almost picture before the 3-D show 5) Angie's roller-coaster experiences 6) riding KingDa Ka again, through a cloud 7) our late night dinner with the some scandalous girls downstairs.
This is us on one of the rides we went on.
My cousin Aaron Sheffield came to visit us a while ago. It was so nice to see him.
This picture is of me and three girls (and Lee) I'm going to miss a ton. Their husbands just graduated dental school and they moved away from our area. I hope you guys are having fun making money, finally! We had nine awesome families graduate and move away.
This is a picture of the dental school friends that live out by us. We had a fun goodbye barbecue for them. We missed the Audubon goodbye barbecue for our other friends who were leaving because riding the KingDa Ka roller-coaster in the rain plus a lack of sleep made me become really sick. I had the flu and strep-throat. I had a cough for about 5 weeks! I'm so glad it's over. I thought I was going to be sick forever!
Ty and I were able to take a trip to UT and go to my little brother Mike's wedding (I have three brothers, no sisters). He married an awesome beautiful girl named Natalie. She went to Culinary school and had a class she teaches make all of her yummy wedding treats. They were sooo good. Mike and Natalie were married in the same temple as Ty and I (Bountiful, UT) so it was cool to be there in the sealing room again.
This is my brother and me after he was married. I actually happened to be on the same flight as the honeymooners the next day by chance. They are so nice that they actually saved me a seat on the plane!
This is my middle brother Steven, Mike (the youngest), Natalie and me.
Here's the four girls in our family now. My middle brother's wife Brooke, my mom, Natalie and me. Poor Natalie always closes her eyes during pictures. The photographer figured out a way to keep her eyes open after a while. It was so funny.
This is my oldest brother Chris. It was so fun to see my family. I miss all of them!
My handsome husband and me
This picture is for Vanessa-haha. She taught us girls at Six Flags how to make this kind of picture. I tried to teach my brothers, but guys look kind of goofy anyway, so it wasn't as fun with them. But it's sooo funny to see what girls look like. I know. It's an ugly picture, but kinda funny none-the-less.
While I was in UT, my mom, and my grandma took me out to lunch at Snowbird Ski Resort. It was neat to see snow in June. I miss the mountains!
I also saw my dad Lorin while in UT. He took my brother Chris and me out to dinner. It was nice to see him with his busy schedule living half the week in SLC and half the week in Mesquite, NV.
After UT, Ty had to go back to work and so he let me go visit my friend Rechele for a few days in Palo Alto, Ca. It was so much fun! This is us in San Fransisco. I had never been there so she took me there too see some tourist sites.
My favorite part was seeing the sea lions. I had never seen them before. They stunk really bad, and some were really ugly looking. Hopefully you can tell the difference between the girl in the picture and the sea lions in the background. I think I was having a bad hair...bad face day.
Rechele and I hung out at the beach in Santa Cruz and hung out with her roommates and friends in Palo Alto. She made the best chocolate cake while I was there (she is an amazing cook) and she showed me one of the best TV shows...I can't remember what it's called, but it's a crazy cake decorating show.
I decided I wanted to experience what it would be like to be a lobster when we didn't bring sunscreen to the beach...
sexy, I know.
Rechele had a picture of us back in BYU days when I had blonder hair.
This last picture is of me and my girls from our Stake Youth Conference. I went as a chaperon for the weekend. It was sooo much fun. I learned that I am old now. When the girls were at my house, they saw my wedding picture and said "wow, you are soooo beautiful. You looked so pretty!...You look a lot different now!". When I said thanks sarcastically they tried to dig out of the hole they were digging by saying this "No!...you don't look old...you totally look your age. You totally look 25!" I hoped I looked younger than my age, but I guess dental school has aged me a bit. :) I remember a few years ago my little cousin's 14 year old guy friend saw me through the window and asked if I was single because he thought I was cute. Those days are officially over.
I will still write about Seminary and David and Delynn's fun visit later. I thought these pictures would be plenty enough for the moment.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Catching Up
Posted by Tyler at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It was fun to hear whats been going on with you! We miss you guys... You look like you could be one of the Young Women... not the leader, Im being serious... you are gorgeous and only look 20!
Thanks Ash for the cute pics. I had heard most of the goings on, but hadn't seen any cute pictures. Ted's Mom still thinks I am 29, I will love her forever for that! You are a doll and don't think those "head turning" days are over. You are as beautiful as ever!
A Bad Face day??!! You are hilarious Ashley. Everyone knows you as the beautiful girl with the most perfect smile- what good advertising you have going for you!! I'm taking the boards tomorrow, hooray; thanks for all of your help!!
Looks like you've been having FUN! Sorry we missed you on Saturday. Did you end up going down to Penn's Landng?
That was fun playing catch up with you. It's bad for us to read your blog because then we just miss you guys even more!!!
It looks like you have been busy! I'm so glad you're enjoying dental school! Brian and I are keeping quite busy ourselves...toddlers take a lot of time! And about the wedding pictures...I look back at mine (5 years now) and can't believe how little I looked. It's true, we all age.
That was a nice, general update. It looks like you're having tons of fun.
Hey Ashley...how are you guys? Looks like you have been busy and having a good time! Working with the youth is the best! It is good to catch up with you guys. :) Heidi
lots of great memories and you make me laugh. Thanks for the surprise comment. ha ha. That was too much fun and we do miss everything and everyone there! HOpe school is good and nice to have some time off this summer. Life is good and well different. check out my blog to see the not so exciting life after school. tell Tyler hi for us too.
Post a Comment