As you may or may not know, Ashley and I always like to call each other "Friend" or "Best Friend." It is kind of a joke that goes back a ways but it is also true. My wife really is my best friend and I'm so thankful for her. But, I also have another "Best Friend," who is also my mom.
Being Mother's Day, I thought it was appropriate to write a few things about my mom who I love so much. My mom really is my other best friend. She has been and is still always there for me. I guess you could call me a "Momma's boy" because I really am. My mom and I are very close. In fact, most days my mom and I still talk on the phone. We usually talk on my drive home from school and have a great time. She always listens to me and my thoughts. No matter what, she is there for me. I love her so much.
Yesterday, Ashley and I had the chance to go down to the temple on Stake Temple Day and we had special meeting with the Temple President in the 7th floor room of the Temple. It was really amazing. The Temple President and his wife both spoke about their moms and the spirit was so strong. They told us to go home and tell our moms how much we love the temple and how thankful we were for their examples. So, I am following directions, but I really do mean this: Mom, thank you so much for being such an amazing example to me. I learned so much from you and I love the temple. I know that my family will be forever blessed because of it.
I could go on and on about my mom, but I won't right now. She is an amazing women who has devoted her life to serving the Lord. A brother in our ward gave a talk on moms today and read a quote about a mother who raises righteous children is better than any famous artist or any famous writer, etc. (If anyone knows the quote, tell me because it was a good one). I know that is true. My mother has raised (and is continuing to raise) a righteous family. That makes her up there among the great ones. If my siblings are out there anywhere, I would love to here some great things about our mom that they can remember. She really is the best.
Also Happy Mother's Day to my Grandmas, Tiffini, Summer, my mother-in-law and my wife (who will be a Mom someday).
Sunday, May 11, 2008
My Other Best Friend
Posted by Tyler at 2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had a perfect day today...thank you. You made it so extra special. I am so glad you and Ashley are taking the time out of your busy (and sick) schedules to go to the Temple. That did make my day! Have a good week.
That was a really nice post.... Im sure your family appreciated all the kind words.
Cute post, Ty! We have the BEST mom in the world!
Post a Comment