Friday, April 18, 2008

A Week of Seminary

This week, I was on Spring Break and Ashley had finals so I said that I would substitute for her and teach Seminary. I have to say that although teaching Seminary was a good experience for me and I learned a lot, it was also the most brutal week ever. Getting up every day that early (Seminary starts at 5:45 AM) was tough. I even was able to go back to sleep after Seminary and I struggled. I have a new-found respect for everything my wife has been through this year. I don't know how she has been able to do it. I have watched her all year get 4-6 hours of sleep every night because she is up late studying and preparing for Seminary. The amazing thing is that she has done it all year without complaining (or at least very little complaining). I was complaining and whining about getting up to teach Seminary every night and I am not even in Dental School. Anyway, I just wanted to say that my wife is amazing and I don't have any idea how she is doing Seminary and going to Dental School. Her finals are over today and I am happy that she will be taking Seminary back over. Now that the tough part of her third year is over, the next year should be easier (of course, we heard that about the third year too, and then she got called to be the Seminary teacher).

3 comments:

The Boring Family said...

We have a ton of dental students in our ward out here, going to University of Colorado, and I hear that the 4th year is a breeze (other than that's when they take a bunch of boards out here). Hopefully it will be for Ashley. I can't believe it's been that long since we all lived in Wymount! Man, how time flies!

Ashley H. said...

I had to leave a comment so I could clarify things. I wanted to post a blog about how awesome my husband was to volunteer to teach a week of seminary for me. But, my husband is such a dork (and sweet) and beat me to it. HE really is the amazing one to plan lessons and wake up early during his spring break for his wife.
(Sorry so mushy bye-the-way)

Anonymous said...

We think you are both awesome (and that is from 2 former Seminary teachers). Now the big question: Do you have room for us in Philly? How about if we bring Dana, Matt, and two kids? How about if we add Danny, Andrea, and Connor? How about...no, that's it. Get ready, because our timeshare in N. Virginia starts on June 20. Yikes!