
Yesterday, I was hired as an assistant coach for my school's middle school/high school Lacrosse team. No, I am not kidding. I signed up to be the Head Baseball coach and we had 6 people sign up so they canceled the team. The school had enough boys to field a high school and a middle school team in Lacrosse and they were desperate for coaches. Knowing that it was a paid position, I told the Athletic Director "I don't know anything about Lacrosse, but you can pay me to show up every day if you really need someone." Bad move, he actually took me up on that sarcastic offer and now I am the newest Lacrosse coach at Collegium Charter School. All I have to say is that what kind of place do I live in where they don't have enough kids signing up for baseball and too many signing up for lacrosse? This is ridiculous. A couple weeks ago I watched Lacrosse for the first time and now I will be "coaching" it. Do you think there is an Idiot's Guide?
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
This is a joke right?
Posted by Tyler at 6:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Lacrosse...baseball, well, they're at least both sports! I guess all we can say is good luck, and if we find an Idiot's Guide, we'll send it to you!
It's so great to hear how you are doing! Be sure to check out our blog...theboringreport.blogspot.com and our email: boringfamily@q.com
Love ya guys!
GOOD LUCK!
That's hilarious.
I guess you have to be careful what you offer and how you joke around huh? Look at all this experience you'll be getting!!! Could be worse, could be a, um, aah, water polo?
Hey hey hey...lacrosse is WAY more exciting than baseball :) You'll have a blast coaching it. I bet you can find everything you need online. Yay for the internet!
Hey guys! This is the Waggoner's! I am so glad that I found your blog through Janell's. It is great to see you both are doing wonderful and still thriving back east.
I must admit the only thing we miss about Philly, is our friends! Take advantage of being surrounded by amazing people!
Take care and keep up the blogs!
Karine Waggoner
PS By the by, you can check out our blog at: coreyandkarine.blogspot.com
Nice, Coach. Your Dad is here spending some batching it time with his bro (Delynn in Europe, Trace in Seattle). We are updating each other on the kids as we give each other 4 foot gimmees.
Ashley or Tyler....what did you do to get a new template??? Please help me, I hate mine!
Post a Comment