Our internet has been down this week so we haven't been able to post more of our fun adventure and let everyone know that I passed my boards part I! It was an eight hour test (I take forever taking tests so it took me almost 7 hours) full of Anatomy, Neuroanatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Dental Anatomy, Microbiology, Pathology and clinical case questions. It was the toughest and most exhausting test I've taken. Thanks for all of your prayers. I couldn't have passed and done as well as I did without them. Now I'm not only going to class, but seeing patients as well. I think some of them might know that they are one of my first patients though. If they ask, I just tell them that I've done the procedure many times before, but I just don't tell them that it was on a mannequin head. It's just a small detail I don't think they need to know :). I've been having so much fun in clinic! There are some very interesting people who live out here in Philly and some very crazy mouths.
The pictures I posted are from the Ichiro section of the Hall of Fame. Ted can tell you what the Japanese sign says. We were looking for Ted, but I guess the Hall of Fame couldn't afford his price.
Friday, July 27, 2007
I passed!
Posted by Tyler at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats to Ash. Amazing...I can't even pronounce the subjects on your test! I bet it is fun to work on "real" people now. We can't wait for you to work on our mouths...we definitely need all the help we can get!
Finally a blog about your test! Congratulations! We are all so proud of you and all your accomplishments. Yes, we are looking forward to getting our teeth fixed by you. Hurry home:)Ash or Ty, could you E-mail me the pics of you guys with all the Ichiro stuff at the hall of fame? Thanks
Mom- The pics that are posted are all of them. Just right click on them and hit "Save Target As..." and you can save them on your computer and print them.
Thanks for the lesson, not too good at this stuff. I'll see if I can accomplish this task.
Ashley, I'm so interested about the mannequin heads! Are the teeth removeable - or how does that work? I think I'd rather watch that than watch you working on real people... love you guys!
delynn-
the mannequin heads are adjustable and have attachment areas where you attach a typodont (a fake mouth). The teeth are porcelain and screw in and out of the typodont. We have to buy each tooth we drill on (they are expensive, 1.75 a tooth!) We go through many teeth, but try to get good fast so we don't waste our money :). Maybe I'll post a picture sometime.
Post a Comment