I went to the doctor yesterday and my test results were back. Apparently, I have a rare hereditary disease called Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (Look it up if you're like Ashley, she was learning all about it online yesterday :) ). It is a disease that causes nerve damage, which is why my feet and legs have begun to loose feeling. The doc told me that the disease is not serious, and I only have a mild form of it. It is not life threatening at all but is something that I will have to deal with my whole life. One of the things that happens with the disease is that some of the muscles in my legs below the knees are subject to atrophy. So, the doctor told me that exercise will help those muscles stay in shape, but there is no cure, drugs, or anything they can give me to help the numbness. I will be getting one more test from a neurologist to confirm the diagnosis, but they are almost positive that this disease is it (They even said that the mild version of it usually appears in people in their mid 20s!). Anyways, thought I'd let everyone know that Mom or Dad gave me this crazy disease. Maybe some of you will have it too. Weird stuff.
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry! I am pretty sure it was me! At least now you know what it is and can deal with it.
The disease is only bad for my pro football/baseball career. Visits to Philly are no problem.
Post a Comment