I really have been such a loser not blogging, but our camera broke and I'm not interesting enough to blog without pictures :) Either I'm going to get it fixed this week or we'll have to buy a new one. So as silly as it seems, for this blog, I'm going to post old pictures of similar events to help the reader visualize, lol.
Ty just had his birthday last Wed. (on the 5th). I work on Wednesdays from seven until seven so I wasn't able to do anything really special for him. We did walk around West Gate though and had a little dessert. West Gate is this really cool place by our new apartment and by the Cardinal Stadium.
It is like a mini Vegas (without the hotels and gambling), but has a bunch of billboards, lights, shows, fountains, tons of restaurants, shopping till late and a movie theater. It's fun to just go and people watch. Too bad it's so hot here or we'd go more often.
Yesterday, we decided to celebrate his birthday (he's 29) by having a pool party at his parents house. It was way fun and we had our friends the Cardon's come over along with Ty's sister Tiff and her fam. It was so much fun! I ate way too much though. This is a picture of Tyler at his party...ok, it's a few years old.
So we are doing great here in AZ. We love our new apartment. We moved in about three weeks ago. Our ward is really nice and we spoke in church already. We've had a very relaxing summer and have enjoyed most all of it, except for looking for jobs. Our hours of looking payed off and we have found great jobs. Ty is working in an office building...who knew?! No, he's working for a charter school called Paradise Honors High School and the high school is only a couple years old so they are meeting in an office building right now. He really likes his job which I'm so excited about.
Besides hanging out with Ty's awesome family, we have had some visits from great friends and family and went down to Zion's Ponderosa with my family...but no camera, so no fun pictures. I actually just went to the website to find some cool pictures of the place and actually found a picture of me! So here is my one picture zip-lining in the top left. Haha! Too funny! I remember doing that pose and everything! But my favorite part of the whole thing was the ATV's! I could ride those things all day!
This is what your face looks like after riding the ATV's. This picture is actually from Ponderosa several years ago with Tyler's fam, but you get the idea.
This is my family at our reunion to the Zion area, although not this year :). I never posted about this anyway so it needed to be done. The crazy hike we went on was Angel's landing. It is straight up with cliffs on both sides of you. It is 1500 feet above Zion's canyon. You have to hold onto a chain just to make it to the top!
some brave family members
About a week ago, my dog from growing up, Sandi, died. It was really sad for my whole family. She was a yellow lab. The movie "Marley and Me" reminded me of her. She was always so nice and such a good friend. I'm so glad I wasn't there when they had to take her in to be put to sleep or I would have been a wreck! She had 6 puppies once and they were the cutest things on earth! She was my little buddy. We'll miss her a ton!

Sunday, August 09, 2009
No Camera
Posted by Ashley H. at 6:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
You are so cute! Don't you know...this is a great excuse to buy a new camera! I loved visualizing however! Hope you guys are doing good, it sounds like you are great! We miss you, and wish you lots of luck with your new jobs!
Happy birthday Tyler! We're glad you guys are doing good in AZ. Sorry about your dog, that's always a hard thing. I hope you're enjoying work and can't wait for more updates.
Nice update Ash! How funny that they had a picture of you on the ponderosa website!! You are famous! It has been so much fun hanging out with you guys! So happy you have been able to find jobs. Definitely go down to your fav. Costco and buy yourself a super awesome camera!!! :-) Love you guys!
What a great post! You have a great imagination and I am glad you helped me visualize. So sorry about Sandi, it's always hard to lose your pet. :(
Wow your famous that is awesome. Good to know you live a little closer now. Congrats on graduation and the new job.
We are so excited to hear you both have jobs and are getting settled in Arizona. Next time I want pictures of the present!
Happy Birthday Tyler! So glad you both love your jobs, and are loving it here. So you already got to talk in church? They get you fast here. We will have to get together soon. Can't wait to see you.
Oh sorry about your dog. That is so sad. They just become apart of the family, so when they go it is so hard on everyone.I hope you are feeling better!
Hi guys!
Glad you are settled and enjoying life in AZ.
Its good to see a post again. Im so glad things are going good for you in Arizona. We miss you guys!
Hey Ashley-
just came across your blog. I know I had the address at one point, but don't know what happened. I didn't know you ended up in AZ. How's it going out there? Hope you're doing well.
Michelle
So I take it you never got your camera fixed? Did Santa bring you one? I have been thinking about posting on your blog about your birthday and your 6th anniversary! =) I am sure it was a lot of fun! I have just figured you guys have been busy with the new life in AZ. Well let me know how you are and I will continue to check your blog every so often, just to see if you posted anything. Love ya, Xoch
I love your blog and the "Heiding in Arizona." Nice play on words, I get easily amused on things like that.
Post a Comment