
Today was graduation day for the dental class of 2007 and I was able to sing in the program! At the beginning of this year the deen of Admissions at my school decided to put together a group of dental school student singers. We practiced during lunch once every other week. We finally were able to sing a week ago at my White coat ceremony (I'll blog about that later). I thought it was cooler that we were able to sing today at the Academy of Music so that's why I blogged about this first. The Academy of Music is the oldest grand opera house in the United States, remains one of the busiest halls in the world and is where performances by The Philadelphia Orchestra, the Opera Company of Philadelphia, and the Pennsylvania Ballet take place. "Wicked" (the musical) is playing there right now as well. So It is so cool to sing in such an amazing place with great acoustics. I included two videos of us singing our two songs, but I don't think our free, oh so great, but not-so-high-quality Martha Stewart video camera really recorded them that well. I'm the second from the right (if ya can't tell :) ) and singing alto (the lower part).
As for other news, Tyler is done with his student teaching as of last week! He is starting to sub again for right now and has an interview tomorrow for a summer baseball camp job. He will also be going to AZ next week and working with the fam. (but we all know that there is much more fun that goes on in AZ than work). I am going to Utah for a family reunion in Southern Utah and get to see my dad's place in mesquite, NV and watch him play some golf with some old pro's. So we should both have a fun time! Oh, and I receive my first patients next Thursday! I'm super excited and nervous... Two More Years to Go! Well that's all for now-Ashley
For the two videos of Ashley singing, click HERE or HERE.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
I sang at the Academy of Music!
Posted by Tyler at 7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ashley that was beautiful! Amazing what your free little camera from Martha was able to pick up. And of course....what happens in AZ stays in AZ :)
Awesome, Possum!! That is so cool. And you rock, girl. I noticed that it took 3 sopranos to balance out you two wonderful altos. What a great memory.
Update on Ty's interview, please.
Ash Bash nice work on the singing! They actually invited me to sing there too, but I had another gig going. Thanks for the post on our blog guys, we're liking this new world of blogging. How about a Utah trip this summer???
Ashley - we want you to be the main singer girl! You do look like a darling back-up singer, though. Much congratulations on 2 years of dental school. This is just awesome.
Post a Comment