


So I finally have time to write a blog about my trip to Martha! After having two weeks of exams almost every day, I decided to skip the last exam and go to Martha Stewart with four of my friends. Well worth it! The tickets were free...so that was a plus. We left for New York City on Thursday and stayed over at a Hilton right outside of the city. We took a bus in and went to eat in Little Italy. Then we went to time square and had some dessert at a cute diner. The servers were performers as well and while they weren't taking orders, they would grab a microphone and sing a song. These people were seriously amazing! They could all win American Idol. Well, we were having so much fun that we accidentally missed our bus so we ended up taking the next bus...at 1:00 a.m. On the bus, there were people coming back from a Mets game (so the bus was full). A forty-something year old..uhh...shall I say...hooker girl decided to make out with two different, random young guys on the bus and expose her chest! And... I won't say more because it's kinda gross (but, you can ask me if you really want to know). We told her she was being disgusting, but she didn't seem to mind. So that was our fun New York night experience :). Well, we went to Martha in the morning. She gave us a little yummy breakfast. There was a super funny comedian who entertained us constantly (especially during commercials). He told the audience that if we were loud, he would give out prizes. So, of course I made a fool out of myself and got some candy for it. The show was sooo fun and Martha gave the whole audience a colander, apron, a box of pasta and......a digital camcorder! It is a Pure Digital camcorder. It's a little bigger than the video Ipods. It's really cool. Oh, and Ruben from American Idol sang on the show. He did awesome. After the show, we went shopping and ate at the Serendipity restaurant for lunch and had frozen hot chocolate. You all must try it! It's delicious!
So I decided that I would skip school every Fri. to go to shows in New York City...but, Tyler told me that my idea is probably not practical. Maybe next year when I'm not so busy. Well, I miss you all! I can't wait until Christmas!- Ashley
Monday, November 06, 2006
Martha Stewart
Posted by Tyler at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is seriously a fun and wild trip to NYC. I am so glad you got to go and have some relaxation time with your girlfriends! How fun....a lot of favorite , fun things in one week-end. Tyler didn't have nearly as much fun here in AZ. He actually had to work! We can't wait for Christmas too....are you planning and plotting out your gingerbread house? Everyone else is!
You are living out my dream of someday going and doing all those fun things in NYC! I guess I need to start convinving Derrick. We will come and visit you guys soon! I promise. And we can go to Regis and Kelly! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
I didn't skip a final. Sorry to disappoint you. I just skipped a practical (or exam where I drill on teeth). My teacher let me make up the exam the following week. I didn't do so well. It was definitely worth it though!
Post a Comment